Here’s the scenario:
some person with absolute knowledge of the future tells you that you must take action towards that thing you’ve been wanting to do, the dream or plan or goal, and you have to take that action by TOMORROW night, or your window of opportunity shuts FOREVER.
It doesn’t have to be a big scary step; just something that reflects forward momentum towards your goal.
What do you do?
WHAT DO YOU DO??
(Please forgive the Keanu Reeves “Speed” reference 😜)
There’s no forgiving this reference so I won’t ask for it 😬
If you had
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture
Or just let it slip?
So of course this isn’t a likely scenario, but I know I’m personally familiar with dreams that get shifted to a “some day” that never comes, or pushed aside for all the day to day “have to’s” that make up the routine lives we all live. At some point in the lives of the people who go for their goals, however, a decision is made and action is taken.
To paraphrase Horton: an action’s an action, no matter how small.
Just how small can it be and still be an action? How about some of these:
- Make a list of goals & see if one stands out
- Google people you admire doing things you want to do
- Outline necessary steps towards your goal
- Imagine what life would be like once you do whatever it is your reaching towards
- Make a vision board about your dream
- Buy one item that will fit in with your new identity as someone who does what you do (running shoes if you hope to do a marathon someday, even if you’re way out of shape, a frame for your diploma even if you’re just starting school, a special outfit to wear to your gallery opening, etc)
- Talk about your dreams/goals with SUPPORTIVE friends &/ family (not with people who tend to be negative or belittling)
- Make phone calls, send emails, ask questions to find out how it’s done
- Even ask yourself “what would I do?”
Let yourself spend a moment pondering the possibilities and don’t dismiss anything that feels like a “hell yes!”
If it’s right for you, and it feels necessary, you better never let it go 😏😉😁
(Ok…time for mom’s spaghetti)